Interested in improving your work with trans healthcare consumers? Our 2-hour training will teach you the basics of creating a welcoming, inclusive environment for gender-diverse people. This training is approved by the Oregon Health Authority to offer cultural competency CEs to health professionals.
This live online training will be held Thursday, March 25, 2021, 6:30-8:30pm PT via Zoom.
Sasha Strong, MA, LPC and Kaden Winterkorn, M.Ed. are professional counselors who specialize in supporting trans youth and adults. Their training and experience in gender competency include conducting research, attending specialized trainings, facilitating gender support groups, and offering workshops like this one.
This live Zoom class includes engaging lecture components, small group discussion, and a question and answer session. Group size is limited to 20 so that everyone has a chance to participate and ask questions.
We’ll cover important topics for creating an inclusive healthcare environment, including:
- Key terms and concepts and best practices with pronouns
- Understanding diverse trans identities and experiences
- Research findings on trans experience in healthcare
- Ways to make your policies, procedures, and people skills more trans-inclusive
- 10 best practices & some things to avoid
- Time to reflect and receive feedback about applying these principles to your workplace
- A Q&A session to answer your questions
The fee for this 2-hour training is $100, but we’re offering an Early Bird Discount. Sign up before the end of the day on March 18th and get 25% off the cost of the training. Just enter this coupon code at checkout: EARLYBIRD-2103
Ready to register?
Great! Use the scheduler below to reserve your spot. ☺
This training is on March 24, 2021.
Prior commitment? Want to book for a larger group?
No problem! Our trainings page has more info about other trainings we offer and how to schedule for your group or organization.