I use different techniques and theories to meet my clients’ unique needs, including mindfulness-based, embodied, humanistic, relational, and transpersonal psychotherapy, as well as bibliotherapy, therapeutic artwork, ritual, and journaling. My style is gentle, collaborative, and consensus-based, and I do therapy based on what works for you.
At the core of my practice is helping clients develop their connection to their unique Self through brilliant sanity— the innate wisdom and goodness that underlies all confusion and is the source of growth.
I look forward to discovering and celebrating your unique Self with you!
PhD candidate, East-West Psychology
California Institute of Integral Studies, 2013–present
Dissertation currently in preparation on recovery from bipolar disorder using mindfulness and Buddhist psychology and philosophy.
M.A. Contemplative Psychotherapy
Naropa University, 2013
Studied Buddhist and Western therapy approaches, group process, and mindfulness in psychotherapy.
B.A. French Studies, minor in Art
University of Wisconsin-Parkside, 2003
Mindful-Somatic Counseling Internship
META Counseling Clinic, Portland OR, 2015–2016
Completed a post-Master’s clinical internship in Hakomi body-centered psychotherapy at a low-fee community clinic in Portland OR.
Boulder CO, San Francisco CA, and Portland OR, 2010–present
Participated in trainings and clinicial supervision in body-centered mindful-experiential therapy and experiential attachment therapy.
Mindfulness Instructor Certification
Naropa University, Boulder CO, 2011–2013
Trained and certified as a mindfulness instructor.
Master’s Counseling Internship
Noeticus Counseling Center, Denver CO, 2012-2013
Completed a pre-Master’s clinical internship at a community counseling center. Co-facilitated a Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) skills training group and a Mindfulness-Based Relapse Prevention (MBRP) group.
- Trans*, LGBTQIA, and genderqueer counseling
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- DBT for Trauma
- Pragmatic-Experiential Therapy for Couples (PET-C)
- Applied suicide intervention skills training (ASIST)
- Shambhala Training (secular mindfulness meditation training)
- Dharma Art contemplative art workshops
- Sexual abuse recovery group facilitation (WINGS)
- Academic writing and study skills fellowship
Presentations and Publications
- “We Are All Unicorns: Culturally Competent Healthcare for Nonbinary and Genderqueer Clients” — Grand Rounds presentation at National University of Natural Medicine Portland, 2018
- “Fearlessness, Gentleness, and Queer Becoming” — Queer Dharma presentation on the secular Shambhala meditation teachings on using fearlessness and gentleness to overcome limitations and self-doubt
- “Contemplative Psychotherapy: Integrating Mindfulness, Buddhist Psychology, and Humanistic Counseling” — presentation at World Conference on Psychotherapy, Paris, France, 2017
- “Culturally Competent Counseling for Nonbinary and Genderqueer Clients” — presentation at Gender Odyssey Professional, Seattle, 2017
- “Finding Balance: Benefits of Mindfulness in Treating Bipolar Disorder” — article in Oregon Counseling Association newsletter, Spring 2016
Professional Memberships and Service
American Counseling Association – Member
International Journal of Transpersonal Studies – Associate Managing Editor
Association for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Issues in Counseling – Member
International Center for Clinical Excellence – Member
Oregon Counseling Association – Member; Past newsletter Co-editor