Are you a trans, non-binary, or queer LPC or LMFT intern in private practice looking for a supervision group where you feel understood, respected, and valued? This might be a good group for you!
(I’m using trans and queer as catchall QUILTBAG terms, for all the colors and all the flags of the whole rainbow— and if you land somewhere in that neighborhood but you don’t use those words, no problem— let me know which ones you do. ☺ )
- Feel supported, seen, and understood as a therapist and as a person
- Get guidance on helping people, improving your clinical skills, and building your business
- Get specific support around doing therapy with trans and queer folks (while being trans and/or queer)
- Earn supervised hours toward licensure
This group might be a good fit if:
- You are independent and confident, but can take feedback and direction
- You’re looking to learn and receive support from others
- You’re committed to social justice and you also want to learn how to run a successful business
- You want to have a good work-life balance
- Monthly meetings on Thursdays for 90 minutes (date/time TBA- based on member availability)
- Free initial phone consultation with Sasha
- Fee is $75 per monthly 90-minute session
- Your fee holds your spot in the group, so you agree to pay even if you miss a session.
Group format is check-ins, topics, check-outs. Topics will include clinical skills and case consultation, administrative effectiveness, and the person of the therapist. Up to 6 group members, plus the supervisor. We’ll start our meetings online via Zoom. Once COVID restrictions permit, we will meet at my office near SE 45th and Belmont in Portland.
- LPC or LMFT intern/associate in private practice (or will start a private practice within 3 months)
- You already have an individual supervisor lined up
- Intern registration completed prior to attending the group
I’m a white non-binary AMAB queer LPC, and I’ve been in private practice since 2016. I have a passion for helping people feel connected, understood, and respected in their gender, sexual, and affectional identities. I offer individual and group therapy for queer and gender-diverse adults, as well as consultation, training, and supervision.
Why I’m Offering this Group
I understand the power of being in a safer space where I feel that I belong, and it was something I longed for throughout my clinical training and early career. Since that time, I’ve found supportive consultation groups, but I’m not aware of anything focusing on queer and trans interns in private practice. I hope to this supervision group will be a great place for you to develop your professional identity and build the private practice of your dreams!
If you’re interested, get in touch! We’ll schedule a one-on-one conversation and find out together if it feels like a good fit. Drop me a line and we’ll figure it out from there.