Are you looking for a supervision group where you feel understood, respected, and valued? This might be a good group for you!
(I’m using trans and queer as catchall QUILTBAG terms. If you land somewhere in that neighborhood but you don’t use those words, no problem— let me know which ones you do. ☺ )
- Build professional community
- Feel supported, seen, and understood as a therapist and as a person
- Get guidance on helping people and improving your clinical skills
- Get specific support around doing therapy with trans and queer folks (while being trans and/or queer)
- Earn supervised hours toward LPC or LMFT licensure in Oregon
This group might be a good fit if:
- You are independent and confident, and you welcome feedback and direction
- You’re open to learning and want to give and receive support from others
- You’re committed to social justice and you also want to be financially successful
- You want to have a good work-life balance
- Reach out to schedule a free initial phone consultation with Sasha
- Meetings on alternating Thursdays at 11am for 60 minutes via Zoom
- Fee is $60 per 60-minute session
Membership, Content, and Group Structure
- Group members are LPC or LMFT associates and other licensed or pre-licensed mental health professionals
- Topics will include clinical skills and theoretical orientation, administrative effectiveness, professional identity, and self-awareness/personal growth.
- Up to 6 group members, plus the supervisor.
- Your fee holds your spot in the group, so you agree to pay even if you miss a session.
I’m a white transfeminine non-binary queer LPC, and I’ve been in private practice since 2016. I have a passion for helping people feel connected, understood, and respected in their gender, sexual, and affectional identities. I offer individual and group therapy for queer and gender-diverse adults, as well as consultation, training, and supervision.
Some of my clinical specialties and approaches:
- humanistic counseling
- client-centered DBT
- relational psychotherapy
- contemplative psychotherapy
- group therapy
- trans, non-binary, and genderqueer cultural responsiveness
- bipolar disorder
- neuroaffirming therapy
- transpersonal psychology
- anti-oppressive therapy
- integrating extraordinary experiences
Why I’m Offering this Group
I understand the power of being in a safer space where I feel that I belong. This was something I longed for throughout my clinical training and early career, particularly in relation to my queer and trans/NB identity positions. Since then, I’ve found supportive consultation groups, colleagues, and friends, but I’m not aware of supervision groups focusing on queer and trans interns and therapists. I hope this group will be a great place for you to develop as an early career therapist and feel supported and encouraged to make the authentic you part of the professional you. ☺
Why This Group Meets Every Other Week
A group that only meets once a month makes it hard to build community and group cohesion. Meeting a few times a month will help this group become a good container and a supportive environment.
If you’re interested, get in touch! We’ll schedule a one-on-one conversation and find out together if it feels like a good fit. Drop me a line and we’ll figure it out from there. I also offer individual supervision if you’re interested in that.