This professionally facilitated group will help teens find a sense of community, explore their identities, and build resiliency.
Helping Teens Navigate Gender and Adolescence
Gender identity and transition can be difficult. Trans, non-binary, and gender-expansive teenagers face unique challenges and often struggle with intense emotions. Having a dedicated space to share about their experience, connect with others, and receive support is a critical resource.
This group will help participants:
- Explore their identities
- Be seen and affirmed as they are
- Build community
- Develop resiliency
- Experience belonging, playfulness, and fun
This group will be a space where everyone’s uniqueness is celebrated and where gender exploration is considered both a challenge and an adventure.
Details and Fees
- This group for teens aged 14–17 will meet once a week on Sundays for 90 minutes.
- Our meeting space is near SE 39th and Hawthorne in Portland OR.
- This group of 8-10 members will meet for six weeks.
- Members may opt to join future cycles of the group.
- The fee for this group is $40/session ($240 per six-week cycle). A sliding scale is available to folks in need.
Kaden Winterkorn, M.Ed. (they/them) is a licensed educator with more than a decade of experience working with young adults. Kaden has a passion for teaching and mentoring young people as they navigate life transitions, learn new skills, and build support networks.
Originally from Washington, D.C., Kaden earned their Master’s in Education from Brooklyn College in 2007. Since then, they have taught in public schools and for educational non-profits, always with an emphasis on youth empowerment. In addition to their background in education, Kaden has personal experience and professional training in navigating gender transition. Kaden currently co-facilitates a support group for non-binary and gender-expansive adults and has presented on gender inclusivity both regionally and locally.
Interested? Get in touch!
Call or complete the contact form below to learn more and see if this group is the right fit for you. Looking forward to hearing from you!
This group is offered as a service of Brilliancy Counseling by Kaden Winterkorn, M.Ed.