Are you a trans, non-binary, or queer LPC or LMFT intern in private practice looking for a supervision group where you feel understood, respected, and valued? Join us!
Whether you’ve been in private practice for awhile or you’re just getting started, it’s important to be with peers and mentors who understand your identity. This group is designed to be a safer space where you feel connected and held in your identity as you learn and practice new skills. Join us, and learn the ropes of private practice in good company.
- Feel supported, nourished, seen, and understood
- Learn to build a successful business while also providing excellent therapy
- Get specific support around doing therapy with trans and queer folks while earning supervised hours toward licensure
This group might be a good fit if:
- You are independent and confident, but can take feedback and direction
- You’re looking to learn and receive support from others
- You’re committed to social justice and you also want to learn how to run a successful business
- You want to have a good work-life balance
- Monthly meetings on Thursdays for 90 minutes— initially online, then in person in SE Portland once COVID regulations permit
- Free initial phone consultation with Sasha
- Fee is $75 per 90-minute session
- Your fee holds your spot in the group, so you agree to pay even if you miss a session.
Group format is check-ins, topics, check-outs. Group may include experiential, didactic, and social learning. Each member should bring a question or issue to discuss at each meeting. Topics will include clinical skills and case consultation, administrative effectiveness, and the person of the therapist. Up to 6 group members, plus the supervisor. Once COVID restrictions permit, we will meet at Sasha’s office near SE 45th and Belmont in Portland.
- LPC or LMFT intern/associate in private practice, or who will start a private practice within 3 months of joining
- You already have an individual supervisor who will be your main clinical support person
- Intern registration completed prior to attending
- Professional liability insurance that covers your private practice
- For in-person meetings, you are at least two weeks past your second COVID vaccine
I’m a white non-binary transfeminine queer LPC, and I’ve been in private practice since 2016. I have a passion for helping people feel connected, understood, and respected in their gender, sexual, and affectional identities. I offer individual and group therapy for adults, as well as consultation, training, and supervision. My clinical background is in mindfulness-based, somatic, transpersonal, humanistic, and common factors approaches to psychotherapy, along with a healthy dose of trans-specific therapy training. I also use DBT, Hakomi, trauma theory, and social justice approaches in my work.
I take part in a supervision-of-supervision group, and I put together a peer group with other queer and rad therapists, because I understand the power of being in a safer space where I belong. I’m hoping to make this supervision group a great place to explore emerging professional identities and skills and seeing how they fit in with trans, queer, and other QUILTBAG+ experiences.
If you’re interested, get in touch! We’ll schedule a one-on-one conversation and find out together if it feels like a good fit. Drop me a line and we’ll figure it out from there.